What is a guy to do?
AppleScript to the rescueI created an AppleScript app based on work from a couple of other folks, whom I've given attribution. The AppleScript launches iTerm and changes to whatever directory was active in Finder. If iTerm is running, the script opens a new terminal. If iTerm is not running, the script launches it and changes directories accordingly.
You can use the script for yourself.
- Paste it into the Script Editor application and save it as an application
- In Finder, navigate to the application and drag it to the Finder bar
- You can now click the button and it will open the foremost directory in Finder
- Or you can drag and drop folders onto the icon
- Locate iTerm and Select the More Info... button
- Locate your new app and Select the More Info... button
- Copy the small icon from the top-left of the iTem Info window
- Paste it onto the small icon of your app's Info Window